What do bathrooms and kitchens have in common? They’re both areas of your home that need to be both cleaned and disinfected regularly! Sounds like a lot of work? Not so much, if you know what you’re doing: here are some tips on quick and easy daily maintenance that will keep the grime and germs at bay.
Daily Bathroom Cleaning
Bathrooms get used multiple times a day by every member of the household. Other than your bedroom, it’s probably the first room you see when you get up in the morning and the last one before you go to bed at night. Yet so many people dread cleaning this room. A simply daily routine will help to keep it looking clean and tidy, meaning you get to start and end your day right. Remember, clean spaces help create a peaceful mind and prevent the spread of germs! Here’s a sample routine you can try:
- After every shower, squeegee the tub tiles, tub, and/or glass shower doors to prevent mildew and hard water stains
- Before bed, quickly use a spray bottle and microfiber wipe to clean the mirrors, wipe out the sink, and shine your taps. Then sprinkle a few tablespoons of baking soda in the toilet, tidy the counter, and straighten the towels. Throw any clothes on the floor in the laundry hamper
- In the morning, use your toilet brush to do a 10-second toilet scrub and then flush it – the baking soda will have helped to dissolve any stains that might be building up.
- Make sure to straighten your shower curtain, towels, and bathmat for a guest-ready bathroom!
Daily Kitchen Cleaning
Whether you cook a lot or a little, your kitchen is often the “heart” of your home. It’s tough to enjoy a space when it’s covered in dirty dishes and food crumbs, however! How can you stay on top of the constant mess that is most of our kitchens? Try this simple routine! None of the steps should take you more than 5-10 minutes most days — a small price to pay for a kitchen that’s ready to be cooked in and enjoyed!
- In the morning, empty your dishwasher or dish drying rack and put everything away. After breakfast, put your dishes ready to be washed and wipe down the counters and tables. Then rinse and shine the sink and you’re ready to go!
- Before bed, your dishwasher should be loaded with any dirty dishes, then use a cloth with disinfectant spray to wipe down your counters. Empty the garbage, compost, and recycling if needed and replace the bin liners. Then, spray your sink with an all-purpose cleaner, sprinkle with an abrasive cleaner, and scrub with a soft sponge. Rinse and shine the sink, straighten your tea towels, and finish with a 60-second floor sweep.
Even with daily maintenance, your home needs various levels of deep-clean over the course of a week, month, and year. If you want some help with that, give Zanjani Cleaning Services a call: we’re experienced Calgary cleaners and eager to help you with any size of job!